“A Parrotatas” Bra – Home Hardware Orillia
Instructions on how to Donate/Vote Online: Click Here
Bra Title: “A Parrotatas” Bra
Submitted & Sponsored by: Home Hardware Orillia
Designed by: Pauline and Rhonda
Location of Bra: Home Hardware Orillia – 5 King St. ,Orillia, ON
Story behind the Bra: Our adventure started in August 2014, right after we had designed our 2014 bra dedicated to another good friend of ours. who is now losing her six year battle with cancer.
- My diagnosis of bilateral breast cancer came as an absolute shock I could not believe that this was happening to me.
- My good friend and co-worker sent me photos and videos of her parrot’s antics regularly to keep me smiling.
- We would laugh and joke about some of the things “Goldie” would get up to
- My treatments lasted from October 2014 until May 2015
- It was a long journey but it did finally come to an end
- The biggest surprise for me was that “Goldie” – a parrot with no mate – laid an egg on the day of my final treatment
This was the inspiration we needed to come up with our 2015 “Bra’s for a Cause” themed bra.